2017 Spring Performance Rehearsal Schedule
DATE - TIME - LOCATION - NOTES
May 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th - 4:30-5:30 PM - GSB - Warm up class - Levels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Pre Pro - Studio 1
May 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th - 5:30-7:00 PM - GSB - All levels *PB1, PB2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Pre Pro
Wednesday, May 10th - 7:00 PM - GSB - All levels *PB1, PB2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Pre Pro
Parents and Family are welcomed to attend.
A Midsummer Night's Dream performance at Shell Point
Friday, May 12th, 2017 - 3:00-4:00 PM - SP - Warm up class - Levels 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Pre Pro
Friday, May 12th, 2017 - 4:00 PM - SP - Arrive in hair and make up - PB1, PB2, Levels 1, 2, 3
Friday, May 12th, 2017 - 4:30-6:15 PM - SP - Dress rehearsal All Cast
Friday, May 12th, 2017 - 6:15 PM - SP - Dismissal for dinner All Cast
Friday, May 12th, 2017 - 7:00 PM - SP - All levels return to theatre
Friday, May 12th, 2017 - 7:30 pm - SP - A Midsummer Night's Dream Performance
* Students will be dismissed following their rehearsal
GSB = Gulfshore Ballet and SP = Shell Point
Please note: Parents will be responsible for transporting their children to and from Shell Point.
Friday, May 12, 2017 – Performance Day
IMPORTANT: Due to parking constraints, parents must drop off their child to the church on the island of Shell Point Community. Younger students must arrive with hair and make-up done, ready to put on costume back stage. GSB staff will be assigned to the back stage area to assist all students or their assigned levels. Parents who feel they need to accompany their young child to the dressing room are advised that, due to parking constraints on the property, they must park at The Woodlands and be bused to the Village Church in the Shell Point shuttle.
SHUTTLE INFORMATION FOR ALL PARENTS AND STUDENTS
There will be parking at The Woodlands for all Gulfshore Ballet parents and students who arrive at the Church before 5:30 PM. The Woodlands is the third RIGHT (gated entry) in the Shell Point Community after you have turned onto Shell Point Blvd. The shuttle pick up is at the awning which is located between buildings labeled Oakmont and Rosemont. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes until 5PM and then every 30 minutes beginning at 5:30 PM. Please be advised that there is no parking available at the Church until 5:30 PM.
Shuttle Schedule: Subject to Change. Please check email for any changes or updates to the shuttle schedule.
2:00 PM Levels 4-5-6-7-8-PP
3:30 PM Levels PB 1-PB 2-Level 1-2-3
9:30 PM Return all drivers to their vehicles at The Woodlands
Parking at The Woodlands is any available space that you find, either at Oakmont and Rosemont buildings or on the opposite side of the drive.
Parents are welcome to park in the Shell Point garage located adjacent to the Church, but not until 5:30 PM. To avoid conflict with the Shell Point Community, please adhere to the parking regulations.
6:00-6:30 PM: parents may drive back to the church and parking will be available at this time. Doors to the church will open by 6:30 PM. Seating is by general admission and there are no reserved seats. Parents are not permitted into the church during the technical rehearsal and may not enter the church until the doors open at 6:30 PM.
6:15 - 7:00 Dinner: students must bring a box lunch type dinner. Students will eat in their assigned seat in the green room. Younger students will stay in costume if there is a time constraint. Please bring an oversized t-shirt to put over your child's costume, otherwise students will be required to change out of their costume for dinner. Shell Point will provide bottled water for all dancers.
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM COSTUME REMINDER
Pre-Ballet 1 & 2:
1. Please bring pink tights (PB 1 only) and pink ballet slippers.
2. Hair tied back in a bun and light make-up
Level 1-2-3 Girls:
1. Please bring pink tights and pink ballet slippers. 2. Hair tied back in a bun and light make-up
Level 1, 3 & 4 Boys:
1. Please bring white tights, black ballet slippers (Drecon Cimino bring white ballet slippers) and dance belt
2. Hair trimmed neatly off the face and above the eye
Level 4-5-6 Girls:
1. Please bring a flesh color leotard, pink tights, pointe shoes, and dance underwear
Level 7-8-Pre Pro Girls:
1. Please bring pink tights, pointe shoes and dance underwear
Level 8 Boy:
1. Please bring flesh colored ballet slippers, and dance belt.
All Girls-All Levels: Please bring your pink tights, ballet slippers and/or pointe shoes, hair spray, bobby pins, needle, and thread
Additional helpful information as we prepare for the Spring performance:
1. All leather ballet shoe elastic strings should be knotted and the excess elastic string cut off.
2. Please check your child's tights for rips and stains, and bring a clean pair for the theater.
3. Light make up (blush, eye shadow, and lipstick) may be worn.
4. All girls will wear hair in a bun (except if noted otherwise). Please bring hair elastics, hair nets, hair pins, hair spray, and other items that you may need to adequately prepare.
5. Please bring safety pins and needle & thread for any last minute costume adjustments.
6. Girls please do not wear underwear underneath your pink tights.
Parents please be reminded that all costume pieces provided by Gulfshore Ballet are the property of the school. We respectfully request that all borrowed costume items are left at the theater following the performance.
Use of Shell Point Auditorium:
Please take a moment to discuss with your child the importance of respecting the backstage space at Shell Point and for maintaining a safe environment while at the theater.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTERTAINERS
Entertainer: Gulfshore Ballet Date Performing: May 12, 2017
We are happy you will be providing entertainment for the residents of our resort retirement community and ask that you keep the following in mind when preparing for your performance.
The Shell Point Retirement Community is owned and operated by the Christian & Missionary Alliance Foundation, a non-profit Christian ministry. The ministry is an expression of historic biblical Christianity, and seeks to establish a community in which biblical ethics and principles provide an atmosphere of integrity and dignity for an aging population. As a Christian faith-based community, SPRC is committed to providing the highest quality entertainment which is consistent with these values.
To this end we have provided the following guidelines for you:
- Our words and humor are to honor the Lord. Please refrain from profanity, off-color jokes or comments pertaining to alcohol consumption, sex, or other controversial subjects.
- Dress appropriately for our setting. Racy or revealing clothing/costumes are not acceptable.
- Shell Point is a smoke-free, alcohol-free, and drug-free community for our residents, guests and staff.
- Please provide a list of songs or content you intend to perform prior to finalizing your preparations.
If you have any questions regarding the content of your performance, please clear it with Shell Point staff in advance. If you are hoping to distribute any materials to our residents please enclose with this signed contract, for my review and approval.
We appreciate your sensitivity to our mission. Our residents’ satisfaction is our primary goal and we know it will be your goal, too.
Director of Resident Life